The Art Junction & The New Haven United Methodist Church present:
Art of ADVENT
at New Haven United Methodist Church
2644 Prairie Street, New Haven, Ohio 44850
We invite you to examine the events of Advent and reconnect with the wonder that led to the first Christmas through a unique opportunity to discover Christ visually from the perspective of eight area artists.
Opening reception Sunday, November 27, 2016 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Music by Ben Holida
Exhibition Hours: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Fridays & Saturdays, December 2, 2016 – January 7, 2017
*Special showings upon request!
The Art Junction and New Haven United Methodist Church present an exhibit to examine the events of Advent and reconnect with the wonder that led to the first Christmas through a unique opportunity to discover Christ visually!
Eight artists will examine the themes listed below:
- Coming, longing, anticipation and arrival of the Messiah, exploring the themes of prophecy, John the Baptist’s parents, supernatural visitation, personal reflection.
- Annunciation of Mary, exploring the themes of Angels, prophecy, supernatural visitation and the Mother of Jesus, Joseph her husband to be.
- Town of Bethlehem, exploring the themes of Angels, prophesies, government, census, travel, and homelessness.
- Birth of Jesus, exploring the themes of Angels, prophesy, government, census, homelessness, humility, nature, mankind, Savior of the world
- Annunciation of the Shepherds, exploring the themes of Angels, prophesy, homelessness, supernatural visitation
- Dedication of Jesus in the Temple, exploring the themes of prophesy, supernatural visitation, Simeon and Anna
- Visit of the Magi, exploring the themes of prophecy, supernatural visitation, Herod, travel, stars, nature, dreams
- Death of Innocents/Flight to Egypt, exploring the themes of prophecy, visitation, Herod, dreams, government decrees
Each artist was given a 30 x 40” canvas to depict their event of advent in the medium and style of their choosing. These paintings will be on display in the sanctuary of the church allowing the viewer to experience visually the advent of Jesus Christ in one venue.
The eight artists participating in this event are: Matt Ramsey, artist from Norwalk; James Easter, artist from Toledo; Timothy Gorka, artist/wood carver from Lexington; Alec Casto, photographer & painter from Willard; Karen Coffey Wilson, artist from New Haven; Prescot Lillo, Willard High School Senior from Willard; David Wolff, artist/teacher from Collins; and Kevin Casto, artist/teacher, photographer from Willard.
The Art Junction invites you to experience and celebrate the Advent of Christ through this unique visual opportunity for our community!
The Art Junction is a community-based art education program designed to bring gallery space, local art exhibitions, lessons and creative opportunities to the Willard area for adults, teens, seniors, and children to learn to create together a better community! The Art Junction is a ministry of the New Haven United Methodist Church. For more information on this or future programs at The Art Junction contact Kevin Casto M.A., Director, at 419-935-3404, email email@example.com or visit our blog https://theartjunctionwillardohio.wordpress.com on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-Junction/190323094344714?ref=hl