The Art Junction and New Haven United Methodist Church present an exhibit to examine the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ through visual art.
Eight artists will examine the themes listed below:
- Palm Sunday: Jesus’ final entry into Jerusalem. Crowd proclaims him “King.”
- Holy Monday: The cleansing of the temple. Jesus frees the animals to be slaughtered.
- Holy Tuesday: Outraged Pharisees plot to eliminate Jesus/ Mt. of Olives sermon.
- Spy Wednesday: Judas agrees to betray Jesus / tells how to easily capture him.
- Maundy Thursday: The Last Supper / agony in the garden / Jesus is arrested.-Alec
- Good Friday: The trial, crucifixion, death, and burial of Jesus.
- Holy Saturday / Black Sabbath: The Sabbath on which Jesus rested in the tomb.
- Easter Sunday: The ‘Resurrection’ of Jesus.
This group exhibit of visual art will reach out to the local community through the visual arts and communicate a message through invitation of the Passion of Christ in a visual method. The exhibit will invite the viewer to examine the life of Jesus and to discover a deeper meaning of the passion through a unique opportunity to worship Christ visually.
New Haven UMC would provide the canvases to the artists. Artists would complete paintings by March 5, 2016 and installation would be on March 19, 2016.
Artists would retain rights to artwork and can sell artwork with the stipulation that the work will be available for display at New Haven UMC for the next five years during Lent/Holy week.
The exhibition of artwork will be from Sunday, March 20 – May 1, 2016. A reception will be held either at the beginning or end of the exhibition.
Artists will be given the opportunity to speak about their painting during the exhibit of the work and during a Sunday service.
Director of The Art Junction
For more information contact Kevin Casto at 419-935-3404 or email: email@example.com
The Art Junction is located at 2634 Prairie Street New Haven, OH. Next to the New Haven United Methodist Church.
The Art Junction is a community-based art education program designed to bring gallery space, local art exhibitions, lessons and creative opportunities to the Willard area for adults, teens, seniors, and children to learn to create together a better community! The Art Junction is a ministry of the New Haven United Methodist Church. For more information on this or future programs at The Art Junction contact Kevin Casto M.A., Director, at 419-935-3404, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our blog https://theartjunctionwillardohio.wordpress.com on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-Junction/190323094344714?ref=hl