8 artists & paintings that examine the events of Holy Week.
Closing reception Sunday May 15, 2016 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
March 20 – 25, 2016 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays, April 2 – May 14, 2016 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
*Special showings upon request!
The Art Junction and New Haven United Methodist Church present an exhibit to examine the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ through visual art. We invite you to examine the events of Holy week and reconnect with the passion through a unique opportunity to discover Christ visually! Eight artists will examine the themes listed below:
- Palm Sunday: Jesus’ final entry into Jerusalem. Crowd proclaims him “King”
- Holy Monday: The cleansing of the temple. Jesus frees the animals to be slaughtered.
- Holy Tuesday: Outraged Pharisees plot to eliminate Jesus/ the withered tree/Mt. of Olives sermon.
- Spy Wednesday: Judas agrees to betray Jesus / tells how to easily capture him.
- Maundy Thursday: The Last Supper / Agony in the garden / Jesus is arrested.
- Good Friday: The trial, crucifixion, death, and burial of Jesus.
- Holy Saturday / Black Sabbath: the Sabbath on which Jesus rested in the tomb.
- Easter Sunday: the ‘Resurrection’ of Jesus
The artists used a 30 x 40” canvas to depict their day of holy week in the medium and style of their choosing. These paintings will be on display in the sanctuary of the church allowing the viewer to experience visually the holy week in one venue.
The eight artists participating in this event are: Matt Ramsey, artist from Norwalk; James Easter, artist from Toledo; Heidi Helgeson, artist/teacher from Norwalk; Alec Casto, photographer & painter from Willard; Karen Coffey Wilson, artist from New Haven; Lynda Stoneham, artist/teacher from Norwalk; David Wolff, artist/teacher from Collins; and Kevin Casto, artist/teacher, photographer from Willard.
The Art Junction invites you to experience and celebrate the passion of Christ through this unique visual opportunity for our community!
The Art Junction is a community-based art education program designed to bring gallery space, local art exhibitions, lessons and creative opportunities to the Willard area for adults, teens, seniors, and children to learn to create together a better community! The Art Junction is a ministry of the New Haven United Methodist Church. For more information on this or future programs at The Art Junction contact Kevin Casto M.A., Director, at 419-935-3404, email email@example.com or visit our blog https://theartjunctionwillardohio.wordpress.com on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-Junction/190323094344714?ref=hl